Next Faire: Sunday 6 November 2016, 10am to 5pm
The GREEN FAIRE is one of Cape Town’s most popular, sustainable, annual event. For the past 9 years it has been powered by Renewable energy – Solar and Wind, and is proud to be a zero waste event.
As it a community gathering, families and friends from Hout Bay and the surrounding areas gather to connect, socialise, explore the green lifestyle options available.
There is something for everyone – from kids edu-tainment to inspiring talks for adults, healthy vegetarian/vegan food and the wonderful displays of green products, services, inventions, fair trade goods, locally made clothing, organic produce and more….
The highlight is the Planet Warrior’s Children’s Festival featuring the Trash to Treasure Market, the Eco Fashion show and the Talent Contest.
Tickets can be purchased at the door and cost R10.00 per kid and R30.00 per adult.
“There is something green and inspiring for everyone at the GREEN FAIRE 2016.”
Who We Are
The Green Faire has been a successful annual event for the past 9 years and has been a showcase of green products and services, energy and water saving devices, Inspiring talks, Eco House building demo’s, Vegetable Growing demo’s, Community projects and causes. This year the entire event is POWERED by SOLAR & WIND and Nedbank! Envirochild is an NPO in Hout Bay and hosts the annual HB Green Faire. Kronendal Primary school won the ‘GREENEST SCHOOL in Hout Bay’ award in 2013. This is due to their waste – compost and recycling bin system, grey water in bathrooms, rain water harvest and wonderful vegetable gardens and fruit orchards. The HB Green Faire is proud to host our event at this Green school! In 2015 the Green Faire won the ‘Of Local’ Best Market in Hout Bay award!
- Raise awareness of the urgent need to live more sustainable lifestyles
- Provide information and advice on how to make your home, business and community more sustainable
- Encourage people in the community to sign up as volunteers to contribute to their local community projects
- Inspire children and parents about great green innovations
- Inspire and encourage learners to take green issues home and make the green changes necessary to reduce their home footprint.
- Give a platform for green companies to promote their products and services.
- Allow the NGO and Project coordinators an opportunity to educate the public on their projects and global and local environmental issues.
- Extend the reach of the Green Faire to the broader Cape Town Metro and to those who are not very environmentally aware or active.
Our VisionTo build on the success of previous years and attract new visitors to the Green Faire by shifting the emphasis to the children – the Planet Warriors providing a fun family day with interactive, interesting & innovative exhibitions and stalls. To support this, every exhibition, stall, demonstration, movie, talk and entertainment will have a green focus or message. In 2013 we expanded the Planet Warriors into workshops, available to all Primary school children in Hout Bay. By inviting experts in their field, we are inspiring the children, to follow their dreams and turn them into entrepreneurial opportunities.
Past Green FairesHave a look at some of our past events below
Please contact us with any enquiries or if you would like to participate or join us.
Danielle Klaff email@example.com
PBO Public Benefit Organisation 9300 36149
NPC Non Profit Company (formally known as an Section 21 company) 2007/020 456/08